You have decided to go ahead and get an uncontested Pennsylvania divorce. Now you are wondering what you have to do to get started. Below is a run-down of some the basics, including what you will need to fill out on the online form and questions you may want to consider.
Don’t get overwhelmed. These are just some standard questions and the online intake form will take you only about five minutes to fill-out.
Information to have ready for the online intake form
- Full Names
- Physical addresses for both yours and your spouse (not a postal office box address). This information is important for the residency requirement and to make sure you both can be contacted by us and the court, if necessary. Also, if someone else is paying for the divorce you will need their full name and email address
- Your phone number
- Your Email Address (and your spouse’s Email address if you have it). This is how we send you divorce paperwork and keep send you proactive updates on your case.
- Birthdays (month, date, year)
- Date of your marriage
- Date of separation, if applicable
- The city of where you were married
- State of where you were married
Don’t forget to have your payment information ready. We use a Paypal shopping cart, so we accept credit cards, checking account payments, and Paypal account payments. Once you make payment, we’ll send you your divorce complaint within 1 business day.
At the end of the form you will have an opportunity to type in any questions or other information you believe Attorney James Cairns should know.
Having the above information handy will make the application process go even quicker. Remember it only takes a few minutes to go through it and have your divorce process officially started almost immediately.
Questions to Consider
A settlement agreements can provide a legal agreement for the following issues and is generally recommended as a good safety net to have in case there are problems later.
- Do you need to divide property?
- Do you have a monthly mortgage? Who will be responsible for the payments?
- Do you want to have a legal document stating the specifics of child custody?
- Do you want a legal document to state what you have agreed on for spousal support?
- Do you have debt which needs to be settled?
- Do you want to change your name to a prior married name or a maiden name?
Removing Spouse’s Name on a Deed
- Are you in need of removing a spouse’s name on a Pennsylvania property deed?
Prior Action for Divorce or Annulment
- Have you already started a divorce or an annulment? Don’t worry if you have, we can still help you with an uncontested divorce.
- Do you want us to serve your spouse the divorce paperwork? You can elilminate the stress of serving your spouse by having us do it for you. Just choose the option when you go through the intake form. We’ll serve your spouse for $70.
Now that you know what to have ready you can either go ahead and get started by clicking on the words get started now or call No Contest Divorce Law, LLC for a free initial consultation at 215-398-6760.